Tuesday, June 19, 2012

For Formality's Sake

My name is Katie, and I've been blogging on-again-off-again (mostly off-again) since 2002 on various platforms such as Xanga, Wordpress, Tumblr, but my first blog that I actually posted on regularly was on Blogger. So, after about an eight-year break, I'm going back to my roots, so to speak, in hopes that I'll find something that will...stick.

I think my biggest problem in blogging is that all bloggers seem to have that one main focus on their blogs. Sure, they can post about other interests, but they usually try to bring it back to the main point of their blog in the first place. That's not me. Maybe it's just that I don't have the ability to set my sights on one main topic. I prefer to think that I have lots of interests and just can't be tied down to one. (Insert cheesy smile here.)

What are my interests? I enjoy making things, specifically knitting, but I like sewing and embroidery too, and I occasionally dabble in jewelry-making. I play video games, mostly on the computer (I'm currently addicted to Diablo III.) I love movies. I spend too much time drooling over pictures of manicured nails, beautiful hair, and fantastic makeup, even though I'm not always eager to put in the time needed to actually put that stuff on myself. Finally, I read a lot - and I do mean A LOT - about pregnancy and babies because...you guessed it, I'm expecting my first in October. It's a boy!

So that's me in a nutshell. Let's see where this ride takes us.

Eclair comes from Moon's Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment